Covenant University is one of the leading universities in Africa. We are a growing, dynamic vision-driven University, founded on Christian mission ethos and committed to pioneering excellence at the cutting edge of learning. We run with a compelling vision of raising a new generation of leaders for the African continent. We are doing this on a holistic, human development and integrated learning curriculum to raise total Men and Women who will develop their world spiritually intellectually and physically. Our Core-Values of Spirituality, Possibility Mentality, Capacity Building, Integrity, Responsibility, Diligence, and Sacrifice are what defines our commitment to excellence. Covenant University has had a rapid rise in nearly two decades of its existence. The webometric ranking named Covenant University the best Private University in Nigeria in its 2021 ranking and the second best university overall. The Centre for Systems and Information Services (CSIS) is the primary ICT service provider in Covenant University since its establishment in the year 2002.
We seek to attract prospective candidates who should have a passionate interest in being part of our team that believes in instructional excellence in raising a new generation of leaders. In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular appointments into the following Non-Teaching positions.
Mid-Level Software Developer
Department: Centre for Systems and Information Services (CSIS)
- Developing software solutions to meet user needs.
- Creating and implementing the source code of new applications.
- Testing source code and debugging code.
- Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications.
- Developing technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role
- A working knowledge of programming languages such as PHP
- Demonstrated experience in the use of front-end frameworks such as Vue.js, Vue storefront, Nuxt.js,
- Demonstrated experience in using API communication protocols such as REST, SOAP,
- Experience in application and software development.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills.
All interested applicants for the advertised positions must:
- Be God fearing;
- Good communication and team-working skills
Kindly note that only successful candidates would be contacted.