UNIT: Multimedia and Teaching Support
- OND in computer engineering, sound engineer or any related discipline.
- Previous experience working as an AV technician.
- In-depth knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of modern filming and sound mixing techniques.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Disassembling audio and visual equipment and packing up after the event.
- Meeting with Event Coordinators to discuss audio, lighting, and video requirements.
- Laying electrical and sound cables.
- Setting up and installing microphones, lights, video monitors, projectors, speakers, and video cameras.
- Conducting sound, visual, and performance quality checks on AV equipment.
- Inspecting mountings and electrical equipment to ensure they conform to health and safety regulations.
- Operating sound and visual equipment during live events.
- Troubleshooting equipment and ensuring events run smoothly.
- Providing technical support.