Management & Social Sciences (CMSS)
Leadership & Development Studies (CLDS)
Science & Technology (CST)
We are recruiting candidates in the departments below:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management Programmes:
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations and HRM
- Economics and Development Studies Programmes:
- Mass Communication
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical & Information Engineering (EIE) Programmes:
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Leadership Studies
- Languages and General Studies Programmes:
- Political Science & International Relations
- Building Technology
- Computer & Information Sciences Programmes:
- Computer Science
- Management and Information Science
- Estate Management
- Biological Sciences Programmes:
- Applied Biology and Biotechnology
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Prospective candidates should have passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academic and industry.
- Candidates should possess a Ph.D Degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, administrative leadership etc.
- A minimum 10 years of post-qualification, full time relevant teaching and research experience.
- Candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for respective discipline as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research experience.
Remuneration and other Conditions of Service
- Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to being their best. The university is determined to offer all her employees, a globally-competitive, career- fulfilling package.
- This package is offered on two platforms: salary and non-salary package as indicated below;
- Salary Structure: CUASS 14
- Annual Pay: N5,596,571.00 – N6,983,566.00.
Other Perks and Why You should consider Working with us:
- We are a pension compliant Institution and in addition, the University also provides the following conditions of service:
- An encompassing and empowering (Physical, moral and spiritual) IT-driven environment with 24 hour uninterrupted electricity and water supply.
- Modern and comfortable on-campus accommodation for staff and faculty conducive to serious academic work
- Maintenance of a stable Academic calendar. Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre); State of the art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
- Conference Supports and Sponsorship for both international and local conferences: Research and Development Grants; Support for continuous academic and professional development;
- Openness to international collaborations with other institutions etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae with the details below:
- Section (a) Personal Data:
- Name (Surname First)
- Date of Birth
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Contact Address
- Residential Address
- Telephone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Present Position with Date
- Current Salary
- Post Applied For
- Section (b) Educational History:
- Institutions attended with Dates
- Statement of Personal Research Focus
- Institutional Academic Development Plan
- Publication and Joumals (International/Local)
- Contribution to Book (International/Local)
- Manuscript submitted for Publication
- Unpublished Conferences / Workshop Paper and Public Lectures
- Conferences attended
- B.Sc / M.Sc / Ph.D supervision
- Academic linkages
- Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees
- Referral Letters from (3) Referees (at least one of whom must, where appropriate, be the Head of the applicant’s current place of employment); and 2 of 3 referees should make specific statements on the competence base of the candidate’s research and academic pedigree.
- Attached set of credentials.
Candidates should forward their Application Letters, CV’s and other documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Covenant University Appointments and Promotion Criteria Document (Faculty ReCite 2.0) for detailed conditions of appointments (PDF).
- The subject of your email should be “Academic Staff Vacancy (Position – College)” e.g. Academic Staff Vacancy (Graduate Assistant – CST).
- Please note, that interested candidates who had earlier applied will be required to update their applications in line with the above.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the above requirements and not send in multiple applications.